New Plant Design Checklist
NGL/LPG New Plant Design Checklist
For a new LPG or NGL plant we will need as much of the following information as possible to provide a plant design for a particular application:
- Feed composition, flow rate, temperature, pressure.
- Residue delivery pressure, temperature, specification.
- NGL/LPG delivery pressure, temperature, specification.
- Recovery target level desired, if determined yet.
- Compression target horsepower and type compression preferred.
- Impurities in feed such as mercury, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide.
- Preference for shell and tube or brazed aluminum heat exchangers.
- Plant location, ambient temperature and barometric pressure.
- Block mounted or modularized construction preference.
- Net value of product by component for use in economics.
- Project schedule constraints.
As with all projects, more complete information will result in a better design.